?The D80 World? - Probably the only archive of D80 images from ZX-Spectrum games on the net

edited December 2005 in Announcements
Hello, speccy fans!
On this page: http://www.frgt10.wz.cz youll find a big collection of D80 files (images of D80 disks used by Didaktik, a Slovak ZX clone, emulated by RealSpectrum), also a guide how to convert D80 disks into the PC, Z80 files, some MIDI files, which include MIDI of some ZX Games and more.

WANTED: Etiainen - a mysterious spirit that haunts several speccy IRC Channels
It is not as harmful as Lister

[ This Message was edited by: FRGT/10 on 2005-11-08 07:21 ]
Post edited by FRGT/10 on

Comments

• edited May 2005
    (updated) :roll:
  • edited May 2005
    Great !

Your collection is sitting on my DivIDE ISO image currently... unfortunetly only around 20% of the images work with MDOS3 emulation ...

Tomaz
  • edited May 2005
    On 2005-05-30 07:00, Tom-Cat wrote:
    Great !

Your collection is sitting on my DivIDE ISO image currently... unfortunetly only around 20% of the images work with MDOS3 emulation ...

Tomaz

Well, the roiginal D80 were made in MDOS 1,0, but the RealSpec-copied (90%) were made in "its" MDOS version, dont know which.
    What emulator are you using?
  • edited May 2005
    Hi!

Well, I am using a kind-a-emulator ;) I am running them on actual hardware ! The Spectrum with the DivIDE interface. This interface lets you connect any IDE device to it (I have a 128Mb Compact Flash connected to it) and has 8k of ROM (and 32k of RAM) for its own firmware. One of the currently available firmwares is a D80 disk emulator called MDOS3. It works fine, but it seems it still has some bugs or maybe lacks some features that stop most of your images from working. Here is the link to it :

http://ci5.speccy.cz/mdos3/mdos3-users-counter.php
  • edited May 2005
    well...the idea is nice...correct me if I got it wrong (possibility 95%) but it "flashes" the Speccy and loads thre D80 through a cable from a disk?
    (99% lol)
  • edited June 2005
    Hmm, well, it emulates the MDOS ports on the right addresses and redirects the calls to the firmware which basically emulates the floppy in a way. So you save/load to/from an image ont he CF card :)
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-06-01 06:16, Tom-Cat wrote:
    Hmm, well, it emulates the MDOS ports on the right addresses and redirects the calls to the firmware which basically emulates the floppy in a way. So you save/load to/from an image ont he CF card :)

Kool!
  • edited July 2005
    Hopefully there wil be an update in a couple of weeks, maybe Ill complete my collection with Ultrasoft disks...or at least I hope so :roll:
  • edited July 2005
    YES!

New Update:
    Added Ultrasoft original games, titles & more info on my page (D80 images) :)
  • edited November 2005
    On 2005-05-30 07:00, Tom-Cat wrote:
    ... unfortunetly only around 20% of the images work with MDOS3 emulation ...

Well, maybe if you can make a blank D80 image which is MDOS3 formatted, you can then copy the programs from a disk to disk (you can try by RealSpectrum, I have a program Tools80 on this D80, so try firing it up in RealSpectrum and the rest is up to you ;) )
  • edited November 2005
    OK Updated: changed the looks of the main-menu, added more midi.

I'm planning to add more D80 on the next update...
  • edited November 2005
    OT:

FRGT/10, Dude, check your Email for a nice surprise!
    Oh bugger!<br>
  • edited December 2005
    :D :D CHRISTMAS UPDATE!!! :D :D

Added 19(erm...20?) new D80, also changed a few stuff.

Enjoy ;)

• @FRGT/10 Come back, WoS misses thee!
    What now?