Sinclair Light Gun vs Cheetah Defender Light Gun

edited November 2005 in Games
Is there an overview about games that can I play with the Sinclair Light Gun?
And are there differences in the software for the Sinclair Light Gun vs the Cheetah Defender Light Gun?
Post edited by wilko0070 on

Comments

• edited November 2005
    Put 'light gun' to infoseek search http://www.worldofspectrum.org/archive.html#search

All games are playable with Sinclair gun (I just tried). That is only gun I own and don't know differences to Cheetah gun.
  • edited November 2005
    If I remember rightly (it's been a long time), all of the twelve or so lightgun games released worked on the Sinclair one, but only the Cheeta games worked on the Cheeta. I had a 128K Spectrum with the Sinclair lightgun pluged into the 128's phone/network [or whatever it was] socket, I know there was a 48K version (I seem to remember anyway) of the lightgun that connected differently to a 48K Spectrum, and I can't say if that too ran the Cheeta games.

The games weren't too much good anyway. Operation Wolf was a terrible conversion (the screen flickered like mad when you fired), and most of the games were too simplistic. If I remember rightly, only three games, Billy the Kid, an army/jungle game, and one other (some sort of American police game or something) were any good.
  • edited November 2005
    @ ewgf,
    thank you for your information! I became the "Action Pack" with the Sinclar light gun. It seems to be the only software to play with that gun.
  • edited November 2005
    Yes there was a 48k version of the sinclair lightgun. I've got 150 of them in my garage.
    My test signature
  • edited November 2005
    blimey! how come you ended with 150 of those in your garage? plan on selling them of something - or just taking the ol' collecting hobby abit too far? ;)
  • edited November 2005
    The 007 action pack also has gun games. If you search for old messages you would find more about the guns. There is 2 different types of Cheetah and 2 types of Sinclair. The Sinclairs are for AUX socket or EAR socket of 48K. I forget now what the Cheetah used.
  • edited November 2005
    On 2005-11-18 17:12, InsertFaveGameNameHere wrote:
    blimey! how come you ended with 150 of those in your garage? plan on selling them of something - or just taking the ol' collecting hobby abit too far? ;)

I just kind of ended up with them. They are all new, but don't have any packaging or games - just the guns. Hmmm - competition prizes for the shed?
    My test signature
  • edited November 2005
    On 2005-11-18 19:11, fogartylee wrote:
    On 2005-11-18 17:12, InsertFaveGameNameHere wrote:

I just kind of ended up with them. They are all new, but don't have any packaging or games - just the guns. Hmmm - competition prizes for the shed?
    Thats a lot of competitions...

...or a lot of winners :lol:
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...