ZX App - Android search app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bricboys.zxapp

Android app that uses ZXDB API/Database to make searchs about ZX Spectrum related stuff.
Thanked by 1Pobbit

Comments

• Turrican wrote: »

Android app that uses ZXDB API/Database to make searchs about ZX Spectrum related stuff.
    ZXDB? Naah you're ok. I'd prefer to use data that wasn't pilfered from WoS,

I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...

Ok. Don't use it so.
    Thank you...

Nonsense! Lee didn't pilfer anything when he gave the WoS content to ZXDB!

On the contrary: Lee obtained Martijn's approval to do it. How do I know it? Because Martijn himself helped to import all WoS content into ZXDB, per Lee's request.

Both their contributions (and many others) are properly credited in the official ZXDB site at Github.
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
    Thanked by 1Turrican

Nonsense! Lee didn't pilfer anything when he gave the WoS content to ZXDB!

On the contrary: Lee obtained Martijn's approval to do it. How do I know it? Because Martijn himself helped to import all WoS content into ZXDB, per Lee's request.

Both their contributions (and many others) are properly credited in the official ZXDB site at Github.
    Who said Lee pilfered anything?

You were given the data when part of the WoS development FB group to prepare the data for use in the new WOS Infoseek (which incidentally you weren't very good at, you couldn't work as part of a team or follow instruction), he wasn't expecting to take the data elsewhere!!!
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Who said Lee pilfered anything?

You did.

You wrote that ZXDB contains data that was pilfered from WoS. But this data was given to ZXDB by Lee. Therefore if this data was pilfered, that's an accusation against Lee!

You were given the data when part of the WoS development FB group

Wrong.

I was given the WoS data in July 2016. The proof is here..

I only joined the WoS group at Facebook in February 2017. The proof is here.

to prepare the data for use in the new WOS Infoseek

Wrong.

I didn't join the WoS group at Facebook to "prepare the data". All this data had been already "prepared" and released, as part of ZXDB, about 7 months earlier. Again, look here..

Instead, Lee asked me to join the WoS group at Facebook so we could discuss how to use ZXDB content in the new WoS site. Again, look here.

(which incidentally you weren't very good at, you couldn't work as part of a team or follow instruction)

Wrong.

Again, I joined the WoS group at Facebook so we could discuss how to use ZXDB content in the new WoS site. It turns out I only got bogus excuses for the reason ZXDB couldn't be used.

There was no team work to be done or instructions to follow related to ZXDB (the reason I joined), only pointless discussions and excuses.

On this subject, my offer here still stands: Please release publicly the content of our discussions in the WoS group at Facebook! You have my
    consent to do it! Let's clarify it for everybody!

I'm only referring to publish discussions related to ZXDB, obviously. There's no need to reveal anything about other subjects or confidential information of any kind. If I have done anything wrong, why not expose it?

he wasn't expecting to take the data elsewhere!!!

Wrong.

Lee gave the WoS data to ZXDB in July 2016, after ZXDB had been already announced, its purpose clearly explained, at the time Lee had decided to quit WoS. A ZXDB version containing WoS data was immediately released. Again, the proof is here..

Afterwards, both Martijn and Gerard (per Lee's request) continued to collaborate with ZXDB to refine the data for quite some time. Even 6 months later in January 2017, after several ZXDB releases and even the SC site powered by ZXDB, Lee clearly stated we did nothing wrong, as you can read here.
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
    Thanked by 1Turrican
  • A new version was published (maybe take some time to be updated in store).

- added loading screens in general list (if applicable)
    - list sorted by title
    - added link to youtube video(if applicable). tap the item in the general list if "Video: Yes" is showed in the item

;)
  • I started writing one of these for Windows Phone 8 a while back (4 years ago!). I may resurrect it for iOS/Android if I ever get time lol. Although thinking about it, a magazine viewer would be nice to write. I have a load of code from my Windows ZXiSeek app that I can leverage for it :)

Windows Phone 8 Version
    =====================

2018819_17939.png

2018819_17119.png

2018819_171124.png

2018819_171154.png
    So far, so meh :)
  • That is very nice!
  • If I can persuade my MacOS VM to work properly, and get xcode/xamarin installed then I will maybe have a crack at using some of that code to knock up something for iOS.. Then again, I may just be distracted by other shiny things (as per normal lol) :D
    So far, so meh :)
  • Some changes:
    - General List is now loading images of books and hardware
    - centralized images in the General List (to makes UI better on landscape mode/big screens)

To do:
    - add running screens and details page.

Regards.